Frontitude offers a flexible permission mechanism, so you can set the right permission level for each one of the users in your organization.
There are a few roles you can assign to collaborators in your workspace:
The Editor role gives a collaborator editing permissions on project structure and managed content. For example, submitting a change from Frontitude's web app or plugin, renaming a project or a screen, etc.
Assign the Editor role to anyone who you'd like to edit content or project structure, and sync content in Frontitude with other integrations (like design tool, for example). Usually it's assigned to writers, designers, and translators.
💡 Frontitude doesn't include viewers in the team subscription's billing.
The Viewer role allows collaborators access to a project in a view-only mode. It means they can view content and designs, comment, and @mention other collaborators.
Frontitude allows you to assign roles within a specific scope: workspace or project. If a user is part of the team, you'd probably want to invite them at the workspace level. If it's an external member or a client, you might want to invite them at the project level.
Workspace-level editors can access all projects in a workspace. They can also access the workspace collaborators, tags, variables, and other information.
💡 Use this scope to invite your team members and internal stakeholders.
Project-level collaborators can access only the project they were invited to. They have no access to the workspace information of the inviter (if they navigate to workspace settings or library, they will view their own workspace details).
💡 Use this scope to invite your external collaborators like translators, writers, or clients.
How to invite Editors and Viewers
To invite an editor to a workspace, do the following:
- Go to your Account Settings.
- In the Invite new collaborators section, enter the email addresses you want to invite, and then click Send invitation.
- After the invitations were sent, you can click Copy invitation link in the Pending invitations section, to send the invitation link in any way you want.
💡 Workspace editors will be included in your billing only after they use the invitation.
To invite collaborators to a project, do the following:
- Open the relevant project.
- At the top bar, click Share.
- In the opened dialogue box:
a. If you want to add a Viewer:
- In the dropdown menu at the left-bottom corner, select Anyone with the link can view and comment using the dropdown menu.
- Click Copy link to copy the shareable link to your clipboard.
- Send the link to the viewer in any way you want.
b. If you want to add an Editor:
- Click Invite project collaborators at the right-bottom corner of the dialogue box.
- In the Invite project collaborators section, enter the email addresses you want to invite, and then click Send invitation.
💡 Project editors will be included in your billing only after they use the invitation.